With a mission to touch hearts and stimulate minds, we have established therapeutic programmes and developmental programmes where people and nature entwine. Through the means of the outdoors and adventure, the programmes seek to change the lives of children and youth, especially those experiencing unresolved conflict, damaged relationships and post-traumatic stress.
Whether it is scaling a natural rock wall or traversing water rapids, participants are made to reflect and learn hands-on to work around the environment they are in
These programmes are run by our Boys’ Town Adventure Centre (BTAC). It provides challenge courses, mountain expeditions, and outdoor sports certification for both existing beneficiaries and the public. BTAC complements the years of experience Boys’ Town has in conducting sports and adventure activities to develop our beneficiaries’ self-esteem and help them overcome mental barriers.
Since BTAC started in January 2016, it has conducted a numerous adventure programmes for our residential boys, local kindergarten, primary and secondary schools, as well as customized programmes partnered with Ministry of Social and Family Development and other Social Service Organisations, for children and youth in-need, and youth at-risk associated with gangs.
|Programme||Behavioural Management||Social Emotional Learning||Character Development and Team Building||Leadership and Innovation||Parent-child Bonding|
|2-3 Phases + 1 Expedition||Half-day|
Facility Rental Rate
|Rock-Climbing Wall |
Wet Weather Contingency *
|$300 (half day) | $500 (full day)
$150 (half day) | $300 (full day)
$300 (half day) | $500 (full day)
$350 (half day) | $600 (full day)
|2 Rock-Climbing Walls|
3 Rock-Climbing Walls
1 Rock-Climbing Wall + Bouldering
|$500 (half day) | $800 (full day)
$700 (half day) | $1,000 (full day)
$850 (half day) | $1,200 (full day)
$550 (half day) | $900 (full day)
|Sport Equipment Rental|
|$3 per unit/day
$2 per unit/day
$6 per 10 units/day
$5 per unit/day
|Field (approximately 14 m x 15 m)|
|$50 (half day) | $100 (full day)
$30 (half day) | $60 (full day)
|Children (under 13 years old)|
Member (Affiliated & Volunteer)
Conduct of Course – exclusive lane(s) *
|$8 per entry
$12 per entry
$10 per entry
$15 per entry
|Seminar Room A (Total 3 Rooms)|
100-seaters theatre-style/ another setup can be arranged
Seminar Room B
200-seaters theatre-style/ another setup can be arranged
Seminar Room C
300-seaters theatre-style/ another setup can be arranged
|$200 (half day) | $350 (full day)
$350 (half day) | $600 (full day)
$500 (half day) | $800 (full day)
- Rental of facilities exclude program facilitation, equipment, furniture and whatever not stated.
- Facilities are subject to availability.
- Prices may vary from time to time or with any additional item/ request.
- Please contact email@example.com or call +65 6690 5420 for further enquiry.
What the participant will learn
Therapeutic Learning Points
Behavioural Management Programme
- Better cohesiveness in classroom
- More manageable and controlled behaviour
- Less problems reported in class after programme
Social Emotional Learning Programme
- Higher self-esteem
- Self-discovery, recognise own strengths and weaknesses
- Improve in social skill and group bonding
- Better anger management skills and demonstrate appropriate coping mechanism
- Be more supportive beyond programme hours
Developmental Learning Points
Character Development and
Team Building Programme
- Increase cohesiveness
- Acquire problem solving skill
- Understand concept of humility
- Able to demonstrate care and concern
- Be a better team member
- Able to verbalize and demonstrate values
- Improve social skill – communication and interaction
- Able to build and sustain relationship and friendship
- Self-discovery – recognise own strengths and weaknesses
- Boost self-confidence
- Better engaging skill with youths
- Form own leadership style according to strengths
Recreational Learning Points
- Better parent-child bonding
- Create precious memory
- Self-discovery and better understanding of parent/child’s personality and character, by knowing each one’s strengths and weaknesses
- Learn from other families on parent-child bonding and parenting skills
- Acquire better social and communication skills
Why choose BTAC?
In recent years, we have observed that the profile of at-risk youths appeared to be more challenging with their presenting problems which are often psycho-social in nature. While there are existing interventions in the form of counseling, expressive art and other therapies, there appears to be a need for a different approach in intervention to manage their growing needs and challenges.
What was realized is that traditional counseling, expressive art and basic play therapy didn’t engage the whole range of youth at risk. Many of these youths were very reserved and guarded in a typical therapeutic session and therapists required more time to work with these youths as their resistance were greater. However, it was noticed that when exposed to intense physical activities/training sessions over a period of time, these youths became more responsive and their learning abilities soared.
It was with moments like these, that their approach to life took on a new angle and they started to see possibilities to accomplish things for themselves, often times extending towards their studies.
As such, in 2014, Boys’ Town commissioned its very own specialized team to complement its existing youth services and programmes. In 2016, Boys’ Town kicked start Boys’ Town Adventure Centre (BTAC) which involved developing and conducting both indoor and outdoor therapeutic and developmental programmes for groups of both residential and non-residential children and youths.
It is our belief that adventure based programmes and therapy can be the next wave of intervention for children and youths in-need or at-risk, bringing them to a higher level of learning and effect lasting changes!
For enquiries on Adventure Centre
Please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may also reach us at: +65 6690 5420