What do we do?
Our team of social workers work closely with MSF, foster families and foster children to provide stable fostering environment for our foster children through the following services:
- Bimonthly home visit
- 24-hr hotline support to our foster parents
- Respite Care
- Training and information
- Casework management for foster children
- Referral to appropriate services
- Support with financial subsidies
What does fostering entail?
Fostering is a temporary care arrangement whereby children aged 18 years old and below are placed in the homes of foster parents. Foster parents will treat the foster children as their own during this period of time – ensuring that their physical and emotional needs are being seen to, attending to their medical needs (if any) and providing adequate guidance and supervision to these young children.
Foster parents are expected to support meetings between the foster children and their natural family as part of the plan to return the foster children to their natural parents. Foster parents will also be expected to attend trainings provided to support the foster placements.
Why should I foster?
Some of our foster children do not have the good fortune to experience family life, with caregivers whom they can trust and rely on. By fostering, you are enabling a child by not only providing the child with physical needs, but also meeting a child’s emotional needs so that the child can learn that he or she is worthy of love.
Make a difference to our children today!
Who can apply to be foster parents?
- Singaporean/PR or foreigner that can commit for at least 3 years
- Preferably married
- At least 25 years old
- Attained Secondary school education
- Have experience caring for children
- Min. monthly household income of $2000
- Has a child-safe home environment
- Willing to support reintegration of foster child with natural family
- Work with professionals in the best interest of the foster child
How is the foster parent application like?
After receiving your application form, you will be screened by MSF. You will also have to undergo medical screenings to verify that you are medically fit for care for children.
We will contact you within 3 working days and arrange for an assessment with you.