A Meaningful Career at Boys’ Town
Embark on a meaningful journey to support children and youth in need, providing them the guidance and assistance to transform their lives. With 70 years dedicated to the social mission, you will be part of a dynamic organization that provides a myriad of social services that touches and impacts the lives of many. Work alongside like-minded individuals to care for the clients and together, drive social change.
At Boys’ Town, there are many chances of collaboration across departments. We have a strong learning culture and are committed to help you develop professionally.
Join the big family as we continue to grow as BT O.N.E – Ownership, Nurturing and Empowering!
- Conduct in-depth assessment on the suitability of applicants for the role as foster parents, present findings and follow up on decisions and recommendations
- Match foster families with a foster child, based on factors such as the CANs assessment, age, race, religion as well as the foster parent’s capability in meeting the child’s needs
- Conduct all the necessary checks including announced and unannounced home visits
- Provide a 24-hour hotline for foster parents per duty schedule and ensure that the team follows up on outcomes
- Supervise and support foster placement so as to prevent breakdowns in foster child’s existing care arrangements
- Spearhead in case movement through regular team meetings, monthly case review sessions, supervision sessions etc.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of case management and other support programme and activities extended to foster families
- Participates in road shows and other community outreach events when necessary
- Manage and support volunteers interested in providing their service to foster families
- Contribute relevant articles on fostering/parenting on Facebook and other social media/collaterals) and respond to enquiries/comments
- Support in managing the donated items and maintain the recordings on the dispensation of various donated items to foster parents
- To develop and market the programme to partners and other stakeholders
- Bachelor of Social Work / Masters in Social Work / Recognised Social Work qualifications from Singapore Association of Social Workers (SASW)
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in working with children/CYP and their families
- To look into the well-being of the residents, maintain discipline and provide close supervision while on duty.
- To motivate and actively engage residents to participate in daily programmes and provide reports on programme outcomes.
- O/ NITEC/ Diploma in Counselling, Psychology.
- ≥2 years of relevant experience.
- Able to work on rotating shift including weekends and public holidays.
- Able to work independently and in a team, possess good interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and genuine passion to work with young people.
- This position is responsible for providing the safety and supervision of the youth throughout their sleep hours.
- Upon ensuring that youths needs are met, the Night Youth Worker will be responsible for the upkeep of the program facility such as ensuring facilities are locked, lights are off etc.
- Supervision of morning routines, meal preparation, maintains medication distribution assignment and readiness (such as proper school uniform and school shoes) for the school day.
- Completes assigned documentation and tracking of attendance.
- Follows medication management guidelines.
- Provide ongoing supervision of residents by ensuring visual check guidelines are followed (complete room checks a minimum of every hour or more frequently as the needs of a youth may require).
- Any other assigned duties.
- This position will work between the hours of 11pm to 7am.
- O/ NITEC/ Diploma in Counselling, Psychology
- Able to work on weekends and public holidays
- Able to work independently and in a team, possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working with youth at risk
- Possess situational awareness at all time when working with youths.